Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Final project Blog # 1

The article on National Education Technology Plan was about getting more technology into schools. I think that we do need more technology in our schools. But, more importantly we need teachers who know what they are doing, when it comes to technology. I have talked with several teachers that say they were scared to teach their class new programs on the computer because they did not know how to fully use the program.

Adopt and Adapt another very good article that says we continue doing things the old way instead of trying to do things a new way. It is stated that if we offered students more technology in the classroom, they would pass the standard tests alot faster and with higher scores. I completley agree with this, maybe if we can show a child how something works instead of lecturing about it, the child will have a better understanding of how things work and will be more enthusiastic to learn.

The article HighSchool.com is about high school students taking classes over the internet instead of being in class. I have found that for myself I like being able to work my classes into my schedule instead of putting my schedule around my classes. There are a few downsides to the virtual classes, but they seem to work really well. I could not believe that there are 300,000 or more students in high school that are taking virtual classes and that 25% of K-12 public schools offer some form of virtual classes.

I could not find the article that was to be read at USA Today.

No comments: